Food & Beverage
- Minimum two years supervisory experience (assistant manager, wait captain, shift leader) in the food service and catering industries, particularly in fine dining service, group or banquet service. Requires thorough knowledge of food service and proper food service techniques. Must possess skills necessary to direct a work group effectively and to deal with the members and public in a professional and friendly manner. Must be able to work all front of the house positions. Availability to work a flexible schedule including early mornings, late evenings, weekends and holidays.
- The Events Coordinator, with the assistance of the Food and Beverage Manager and the Executive Chef, will be the primary coordinator for internal, member and sponsored guest functions.
- The Events Coordinator reports to Riverside Country Club’s Food and Beverage Manager and manages banquet services for members and guests.
- The Events Coordinator must have a working knowledge of club information and events.
- The Events Coordinator must maintain a professional appearance and demeanor at all times.
- Under the direction of the Food and Beverage Manager the Events Coordinator directs service staff in the methods of acceptable service standards for banquet and club events.
- Prepares BEO (Banquet Event Order) sheets for functions, updates the BEO sheets on the Master Calendar and attend weekly Food and Beverage meetings
- Compiles appropriate reports regarding group function contracts, billings, payments and banquet tip distribution.
- Maintains past and potential client files, schedules calls and meetings to assess on going needs of prospective clients for banquet services. Assists guests with any and all requirements integral to events being planned.
- Works closely with the club’s golf and tennis professionals in the planning, coordination and successful production of member events.
- Assists the Food and Beverage Manager in preparing income and expense budgets for each food and beverage outlet.
- Assists the Executive Chef in menu planning for banquet and member events.
- Attends functions to ensure host happiness as appropriate.
- Monitors new trends and services in the event industry and furthers industry education.
- With the assistance of the Food and Beverage Manager, prepare income and expense budgets for banquet and member events.
- Initiates new programs to stimulate banquet business to further develop profitable food and beverage operations.
- In coordination with the Food and Beverage Manager, responsible for the care and inventory of assets, food, beverage and supplies required for the department.
- Attends Riverside Country Board Meetings and Management Meetings as requested.
- Acts as a liaison between dining room and kitchen staff during functions.
- Assures professionalism of staff in areas of procedures, safety and appearance.
- In conjunction with the Food and Beverage Manager, responsible for compliance with local, state and federal food and alcohol issues and requirements including licensing of employees.
- Coordinates all necessary rental equipment and special order items for banquets,
- Coordinates room set-ups, tear downs, re-sets and the responsible handling of banquet equipment.
- Works a combination of office, sales, service and restaurant shifts as needed.
- Maintains an attitude of total teamwork with fellow employees and management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter via email to Mandy at firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at 2500 Springhill Rd - Riverside Country Club.
No phone calls please.
Here’s our tentative transparent hiring timeline:
Sept 13 - Oct. 1: Review applications
Oct. 1 - Oct. 8: Follow-up
Oct. 9 - Oct.16: Interviewing
Hiring for All Front of House Positions!
To be a server, you must have at least two years experience with table side service and be 18 years or older in age.
To be a bartender, you must have at least two years working a full liquor bar and be 18 years or older in age.
To be a host/runner, no experience necessary.
Please either drop off a resume and/or fill in an application between 2-4pm Monday-Saturday. No phone calls please.