Find yourself in a place apart where good neighbors and the western spirit still thrive! Come relax in the rustic elegance of a 26,000 square foot clubhouse, where family and friends meet in true western comfort and dine in the beauty of the majestic mountain vistas. The Bridger and Spanish Peak mountain ranges provide scenic backdrops for the challenging Panks-designed 18-hole championship golf course. A pristine trout river running through many holes , adds to the challenge of the game.
Riverside Country Club History
Riverside Country Club approached its fiftieth birthday in impressive fashion by opening a brand new clubhouse in 2007. Our first half-century reflects Bozeman's evolution from farm town to thriving city. Key historical events include:
- The first Bozeman Country Club and Golf Course occupied land located east of the Bozeman cemetery and was purchased in 1922 from Gallatin County for delinquent taxes for $115.82. Serving the nine-hole, sand green course, the log clubhouse still stands near Lindley Park and is now known as the U.C.T. building.
- In the 1930's, a second nine-hole course called Valley View was built along Sourdough Ridge, now occupied by homes.
- During World War II, the local Elks Club bought and operated the course and clubhouse. When gambling in charitable organizations terminated in the late 50's, the Club closed.
- Negotiations began that aimed to combine the two golf courses and establish a new club. Instead of a merger, the split continued. Members of Valley View moved to Kagy Boulevard while the other group formed the Gallatin Valley Golf Association.
- In 1959 and 1962, Gallatin Valley Golf Association purchased two parcels (239) from Mary (Baxter) Nelson along the East Gallatin River at an average cost of $307 per acre. This became Riverside Country Club.
- The new nine-hole course (with grass greens) and clubhouse were finished in 1960-61 with about two hundred charter members. The clubhouse was dedicated on May 6, 1961.
- Expansion and renovation have been continual. The back nine, swimming pool and Fireplace Room were built in 1974-76.
- From 1970 until 1978, the Club also supported a trap shooting range north of the sixteenth fairway. When it was phased out, the building was moved to its present location as the tennis cabin.
- In 1979, Gallatin County deeded five acres of dedicated park land to the Club – the current sire of the tennis courts.
- Bozeman's rapid growth in the 90's led to improvements at Riverside. In 1999, the Board of Directors authorized renovation of the front nine, including paved cart paths, new tees and reshaped greens.,
- A new clubhouse and pool facilities were built in 2007.